Sunday, April 17, 2011

A Tour of GM Plant

Once in a long while, the GM plant in Arlington, Texas, opens its doors to the public. I knew I could NOT miss this chance for Dylan to see how cars are built. We drove in the ice, rain and sleet in February only to get there and be told it was full. Luckily, they gave us two tickets to come back. And you bet Dylan and Eric were not going to miss this rare glimpse inside the car factory. Dylan had a perma grin the entire tour. One thing he enjoyed is that they put a tire together, one in every 11 seconds. Pretty fast. Dylan also got a small glimpse of how robots put together the inside of the cars and SUVs. Dylan and I have a running joke that he'll build me the perfect car some day. He says I will build it and I say, he is smarter and should build it. I said it needs three-row seats and tons of extra room.

No comments: