Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Kids Say the Darndest Things...

This post will be updated continually, but is my way of keeping up with the funny things my kids say each day!
Ella, 5, "I'm having no thoughts, but my brain is still inside!"

Grandma: "There was a storm during the night as you know and it woke me up, but I couldn't tell that it woke the kids up. Next morning Ella asked me if I noticed the storm and she said "It chased away my dream."

The first time Eric and Ella had a daddy-daughter talking to about bad behavior, Ella walked out of the room and said "Whew, that wasn't too bad!" Guess she isn't afraid of him!

I've been trying to teach Ella that she only should use potty words in the bathroom. She's at that age where every bodily function is hilarious, such as burp, fart, butt, etc. So, when I was in the bathroom brushing her teeth she said "Oh, mom, I can say butt all I want in the bathroom" and she did a wiggle butt dance singing "butt butt butt butt butt!"

I chopped my hair off short and when Ella saw me she said, "Oh mom, you look like a daddy!"

Ella did a maze in church today where it gave you choices and you made it back to Jesus. So when we got home she had Aunt Nicole and I play a Twister game. At the end, she said "Good job, you made it back to Jesus!"

Dylan during church wanted me to open a bag of Cheetos. I told him it was noisy and that I'd open them after the Sacrament. He turned to me and yelled "That's SOOO MEAN!" Ha, I think the Cheetos would have been more quiet!

Ella: "Mom, I want to grow up to be just like you!" (AWWW! Made my whole day) "But I don't want to be a mom, I want to be a shop girl." I asked her, what's a shop girl? "You know, sell ice cream in a shop!" Great goal!

Dylan asks everyone "What's your favorite color?" And when he gets someone to say "Light blue" he jumps up and down and yells "ME TOO!" with so much excitement.

Ella: "Dad, I've had it with you!" Dad: "Do you know what that means? It means you are mad at me!" Ella: "Oh, sorry!"

Dylan after a 4-day weekend in January: "I go back to school in February, not January!"

Ella after being put to bed: "Dad, if you are going to watch TV, I'm going to have to come watch with you!"

Dylan loves to tell me "Boo" or "Waa, Waa" when he doesn't like what I ask him to do.

Dylan has noticed that some people have a brother. I asked if he wants one. He said, "No, I'll keep THE sister!" (As if she's enough for him!)

Ella told me at the end of summer (age 4): "If I had a magic wand, I'd make it summer forever!" She is SOO my daughter...

At only age 4, she has already told her dad, "You ruined my life!" Well, not yet...

Dylan must be daydreaming as he walks around saying "I could get a jar of sour skittles in my room!"

After picking Ella up from preschool one day, she gets in the car and says "Mom, I wish you and dad could live in different house." WHAT? I was floored! My heart skipped a beat. Why would she want that? The only explanation I could think of was that someone at school that day was bragging about divorced parents having two houses, two bedrooms, two of everything. What what you wish for Ella and don't curse us! PLEASE!

Ella, 5, "mom is all the world for me? Cause that's all I see is me?"

Ella says after I disciplined her one day, "When I grow up, I'm going to be a nicer mom!" We'll see...

No comments: