Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Tender Moments

This Easter, we watched as a family a video from our church called "Finding Faith in Christ."


While we were watching it, Ella saw Jesus heal a crippled boy who is about the same age as Dylan. She sat up on the couch and pointed, saying "I wish Jesus could heal Dylan like that." Then she said a prayer, "please Jesus make Dylan better."

Wow, so often I'm speechless as a mom. This was one of those moments. It shook me to the bone. Ella has wisdom, spiritual nature and insight beyond her years. And yet, also possesses the simpleness of a child's faith. How I too wish we could bring Dylan to the feet of Jesus and have him healed. It's been a trial of my faith since Ella's comment. Do I believe enough? I've fought for 9 years and seen so many miracles in Dylan's life. Maybe I haven't turned enough of it over to the Lord. Maybe I've been so busy running and fighting and working for him to get better on my own. I cannot deny the miracles I have seen in Dylan's healing process though. Teachers, therapists, doctors, lawyers and other people have come into our life at the right moment.

Ella, your dad and I and you have been refined and shaped into completely different people. Maybe the healing is just for us and not Dylan? Ella, we may not see the healing overnight like they did at the feet of Jesus. But, little by little, he has gotten so much better. I am speechless, but find comfort in prayer and the words of the prophets. Again, I go back to my favorite quote by our current prophet President Monson: "My beloved brothers and sisters, fear not. Be of good cheer. The future is as bright as your faith." Thank you Ella for your faith and love of your brother and for this Easter moment together.

No comments: