Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Spring Break


Spring Break is always a big tease to me... warm weather and fun memories with my kids, but then it ends. It's like a tease that summer isn't here yet. We had some fun times, mostly swimming all week in the neighbor's new pool. (For some reason, I have no swimming pictures but that is what we did the most!) Dylan never wanted to leave. We also went to the Dallas Blooms, Arboretum, with my mom and sister. The flowers were amazing. Ella was dazzled by ever flower. They also had these cute playhouses that Ella loved. Dylan only liked the water fountains and fish. Then he wanted to be back in the swimming pool! Basically, I learned this is NOT what Dylan dreams of when he thinks of Spring Break. We just need SWIMMING! Nothing else for him. Ella also had an acting camp one day. This was her first time on stage. I was amazed. She was loud and clear with memorizing her lines. She basically thrives on stage! Ok, maybe we all knew that. The group acted out a scene from Jungle Book. Ella was a bird. She told Sheer-Khan not to eat her. She yelled, Ka-Ka, Ka-Ka so cute. And she has several lines. I was impressed how quickly she memorized them. I have the video, but no clue where the cord to upload it is. Some day...

Ok, so to end the week of Spring Break, we got a huge snowstorm. It was crazy! I mean, we spent all week swimming and we ended it building a snowman. The kids were in heaven. But, for me, Sunshine, please don't trick us like this again.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I love that you have a little actress in the house! How fun!! What a crazy Spring Break...flowers then snow!