

Dylan chose to be baptized on March 6, 2010. It was one of the most special days for our family.

We had an overwhelming amount of support from our extended family. Eric and I are so amazed at how many sacrificed so much to be with us at the baptism.

In the words of Eric, "it just doesn't get much better than this!"

And Dylan was smiling big all day. Dylan's Grandpa Staples testified about how Jesus was baptized to "fulfill all righteousness" even though he was perfect. Grandpa Staples shared that Dylan was baptized too just to be righteous, not because he has a perfect understanding of repentance and ordinances.

The Spirit was so strong at Dylan's baptism. I think everyone felt the importance of following the Savior, but also the special spirit that Dylan is in our lives. Often, people tell me of spiritual experiences they have around him. I know he is here on earth to bring people to Christ and to teach us all.

Dylan's father blessed him with the Holy Ghost and that he can understand people and that others won't bother him. The room lights up when Dylan is around, I'm so grateful he has the Holy Ghost now to guide and direct him. Many were brought to tears by Dylan's baptism. Words cannot describe what a special day this was! Dylan's Grandma (Janice) asked him at the end if he felt happy and he instantly looked at her and said "Yes!" Thanks to Grandma Liz and Janice with good BBQing from Eric too, we had a yummy luncheon after at our house. And I made these CTR (Choose the Right) cookies for the kids!

2 comments:
We are so thankful that we could be there for Dylan that day. He brings blessings to all of us. You have an amazing family!
Sharisa, I am so behind on blog reading-- but I just love this post. I'm so glad Dylan was baptized and it sounds like such a special day! I love that your dad was there, too! Such a blessing!!
Post a Comment