The kids had a creek camp at a farm this past week. This one brings me back to my childhood of playing in Utah mountain creeks with cousins and sisters. I remember catching tadpoles with my cousin Jason who has since passed away! But, I thought it was the coolest thing. It at least made me nostalgic for my own care-free summer days! We really just walked through a creek where there are hundreds, maybe even thousands, of tadpoles and frogs and fish. Ella was very into catching the tadpoles, especially the ones who would swim fast in her cup. Both kids got nets and cups to walk the creek with and really enjoyed it. Ella was usually the last one of the group walking down the river cause she was so busy catching things. Dylan was usually first as he likes to always see what's next. But, he loved the rocks and the water. It was a good childhood memory that brought me back to my own memories!
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Creek Camp!
The kids had a creek camp at a farm this past week. This one brings me back to my childhood of playing in Utah mountain creeks with cousins and sisters. I remember catching tadpoles with my cousin Jason who has since passed away! But, I thought it was the coolest thing. It at least made me nostalgic for my own care-free summer days! We really just walked through a creek where there are hundreds, maybe even thousands, of tadpoles and frogs and fish. Ella was very into catching the tadpoles, especially the ones who would swim fast in her cup. Both kids got nets and cups to walk the creek with and really enjoyed it. Ella was usually the last one of the group walking down the river cause she was so busy catching things. Dylan was usually first as he likes to always see what's next. But, he loved the rocks and the water. It was a good childhood memory that brought me back to my own memories!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Loving the blog updates. The only thing that is keeping me from just missing my flight and stayin in London is that I get to see all of you September 6th! I miss those wittle faces. I want to come to Texas ASAP!
Good update. Looks like you are having a good summer. I'm so glad you guys are having fun in TX and your new neighborhood. That was a good move for you guys! Hope all is well for you!
Yay for catching creatures in the creek! Paige was doing pretty much the same thing this past weekend...catching minnows in the Potomac at her grandma B.'s house.
Post a Comment