Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Grandma Time

The kids and I stayed after the Fourth of July weekend to get more Grandma time while Eric went back to work. We had some great memories.

We went to some caverns and an animal safari. Dylan loved the caverns, but his first question as we walked down the steep slope inside was, "how will we get out mom?" After I explained there is an exit, he loved it and kept saying "cool!"

Ella's favorite was probably the safari. You drive through this park and get to feed the animals. She was jumping all over the car and couldn't get to the animals fast enough. Probably the most entertaining was feeding the zebras. They literally stick their heads in your car for food. She laughed so hard.
Dylan was hardly interested in the animals until he saw a zebra eat not just the food, but the whole paper bag of food. He laughed and yelled "Zebra ate the WHOLE bag!" Here is his reaction to it:

Ella loved playing dress up with Grandma's stuff (a memory I remember from my grandma's house, I always thought their stuff was so neat). Aunt Nicole cut out some windows to her box house and she was very entertained.

We also went on a train ride around the zoo, walked through some beautiful Japanese gardens where the kids saw fish and fed ducks and played in a park.




We had such a great time. My mom took us to fun places and had fun things for the kids to do at home: making hats, necklaces, etc. I think I would have stayed all summer if Dylan wasn't getting ancy for his routine again.

4 comments:

FriscoFour said...

Great pictures Sharisa. It looks like you guys had so much fun! I'll have to find out about the animal thing when we make the trip next year.

Jenny said...

Looks like ya'll had a great time with your family - ya'll look so happy! Love ya.

Anonymous said...

I am SO jealous. I want to be there with the kids. Looks like so much fun

Jill said...

Wow--looks like you had so much fun! I can't believe the zebra's head was IN the car! I wish I could have been there to see their faces!