Sunday, August 21, 2011

Mom's 40th Birthday


I had an amazing 40th birthday full of surprises! I love getting older and having more life experience to add to my perspective. This birthday, I truly felt like celebrating!

Eric gave me a suitcase, which didn't make sense until later on. Then, he took me out to eat at Babe's Chicken. The kids went to grandma's so we could have a date and sleep in the next day. While we were at dinner, he gave me a plane ticket with a surprise trip back to D.C. It was cute, he had even called my boss and asked for time off. I love how well Eric does surprises!
I flew out and stayed the weekend with Jill. It really was a walk down memory lane. I felt so grateful for all the blessings of my 10 years living in D.C., from being single to getting married to having two kids there. It was a wonderful way to celebrate my birthday by feeling so grateful for the amazing blessings, hardships and growth that I got while living in D.C.
A week later, we celebrated Eric's birthday with a get together at home. I didn't have a "9" candle, so we put 38 + 1 on top of his cake.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday! Glad Eric surprised you and you were able to go visit Jill. Sounds like you and Eric had great birthdays.

David & Vanessa said...

Happy super belated birthday!!!!!! Hope this 40th year has been great. You look just as beautiful as 10 years ago, love you!